In light of the closing holiday season, I've decided to list some of the Christmas presents I received that were very L-House. I always particularly appreciate these because they are gifts of understanding.
An L-House Update...
1.A glorious pair of navy Hunter Wellies...
2. This bowl. The inside is so interesting! They stamped it with an imprint before they fired the bowl. Also, I love the red symbol-thing on the outside.
3. An hourglass! How cool is that?!
4. This perfume decanter... for when I'm super rich and the only perfume I wear is extremely snazzy and undiluted stuff from France (or so my dad said...)
5. Due to my sister and brother-in-law's wedding this summer, pictures were a frequent gift. These will all, most assuredly, be on display somewhere in the L-House:
|The Wedding Party (aka a J. Crew ad...); Photo Cred: Wedding Creativo|
|Me, buttoning Kate's wedding dress; Photo Cred: Wedding Creativo|
|Kate and me after my toast. Probably one of my favorite pictures ever. Photo Cred: Wedding Creativo|
6. These sunglasses. Aren't the fabulous? They remind me on Annie Hall, and I feel like a stylish anachronism every time I wear them.
7.This mirror. It's a key! And, be sure to check out the back.
8. The Last Station. An absolutely beautiful movie starring Helen Mirren, Christopher Plummer, Paul Giamatti, and James McAvoy. The story chronicles the end of Tolstoy's life, and tells of love old and new. The whole thing is wonderfully aesthetically pleasing, and the soundtrack is absolutely lovely. It's simple and nostalgically sweet in such a way that it makes me feel as though I'm remembering something that makes me smile... Here's the trailer.
9. This adorable, tiny, antique key. I wonder what stories it holds... I plan on wearing it on a chain as a necklace.
10. And, of course, a pair of denim overalls... :)