An L-House Update...
1. Sullivan Ballou's letter to his wife, Sarah...
"But, O Sarah! If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the brightest day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by."
2. Summertime, 1943 by Edward Hopper
3. Laughing too much with people you haven't known all too long or all too well.
4. Another note on Edward Hopper... (Pardon the pun.) Isn't this a cool idea?
5. Iced tea out of a clear-blue pitcher.
6. Today I bought my first journal since the end of the school year. I think it's the longest I've ever gone without one. It was like sighing a long sigh.
7. Receiving wonderful surprise packages in the mail!
8. Heckling Masterpiece Classics with a friend. (Or, really any TV show will do. But, this is the one Jaime and I have been watching and heckling the hell out of.
For example: "Maaaaaaargareeeettt! What are you doing?! Mr. Thornton is so obviously in love with you! Stop being such a TWIT."9. I spoke to my sister this morning and we were in the same time zone. Or, at least, twelve or so hours closer than we used to be...
10. I watched The Motorcycle Diaries yesterday. I love it when a true story is told well.