Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homeward Bound

I just submitted the worst story I've ever written in my life.  I'm nowhere near done packing.  I forgot to finish the dishes.  I still have a bunch of songs left to analyze.  My throat is slowly dying and I have a voice lesson today.  But the horrible part is that I can't bring myself to care about any of it!  Oh goodness.  Burnt out doesn't begin to describe my current state of mind.

A calming song for a stressful day.  (It is my belief, much like the Dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, that Paul Simon, like Windex, can cure any ailment whatsoever.)

Oh golly, I can't believe that in twelve hours I'll be back in my lovely lovely South.  I am fully prepared for my soul to simply melt as soon as I get on the flight from Philly to Richmond and hear those warm accents swingin' their syllables away. 


"But all my words come back to me in shades of mediocrity.  Like emptiness in harmony, I need someone to comfort me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment