Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way...

A pretty picture for your Tuesday:

 
It is a beautiful October 25 here in Ithaca.  Crisp, brisk, and blue.  

I just got out of rehearsal, and some funny things have happened:

1. In rehearsal, we are working on this piece called "Song of Perfect Propriety"-- it's a satirical song about a woman who wants to "ride the seas" as a "roaring buccaneer" but, is stuck "writing little verse as little ladies do" etc etc.  Anyway, at one point in the piece the lyrics are: "and I should like to strut and curse-- BLEEP!-- among my blaggard crew..."  We were having trouble with the full dish of horribleness that the BLEEP deserved.  So, our director suggested that we all pretend that we were saying the absolute worst word we could think of, but just say "bleep" instead-- like you were bleeping out stuff on TV.  In order to do this successfully, we practiced by just mouthing our horrible words a few times without the music whilst attempting to look as menacing as possible.

After we'd done this for a bit, our director had us mouth the real words in rhythm.  Somehow, someway, a friend of mine didn't realize what was going on, so when it was time to "bleep" she actually shouted her horrible word into a sea of silence-- due to the fact that the rest of us had just mouthed the word "bleep".  I don't think I've ever seen her blush that hard.  And, suffice it to say, I haven't laughed that much in a while!

2. A super snazzy friend complimented me by saying, "Molly why do you have to be so attractive all the time?!"  Woot!  (Ladies--and gents-- there is nothing better than someone stylish complimenting your style, don't ya think?)

Gist of outfit: Jeans, Boots, Shirt, Trench, Scarf, Nails, and Shades 
(Yes.  I'm calling them shades due to the coolness factor in this moment.)

3. And, as I was walking to work just now, I had one of those fantastic "movie-moments" as I call them-- when your life seems to take on the qualities of a movie for a hot second.  (Really.  They happen.  You just have to pay attention.)

So, it's a gorgeous breezy day here.  I was walking with a friend, and we were chatting about how we both plan on running away to Istanbul someday, and how I really have a hankering to go on a photo adventure, and whatnot.  Then, just as we were about to part ways, we set a date and time for a photo adventure.  I walked away shouting "photo adventure!  Four o'clock!" over my shoulder, and this guy who'd been sort of behind us, walks past me and says, "Sounds like fun."  And I replied, cool as you please: "Oh, always." as I turned on my heel and sped away.  He did laugh rather awkwardly, but whatever.  It sounded cool in the moment.  And I was wearing a trench coat and black sunglasses.  (Prime movie-moment attire, if you ask me.)


So.  Have yall had any interesting moments fall upon you today?

Photo via Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment