Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day: Top Ten Most Romantic Movie Moments

And, a happy Valentine's Day to you.

Top Ten Most Romantic Movie Moments...

1. Anne of Green Gables
When Gilbert gives Anne the Avonlea School...
If you haven't watched all of these movies, and you are a girl, get on that.  Now.  
Oh goodness... "Carrots."  It kills me.

2. Notting Hill
I'm just a girl...standing in front of a boy...asking him to love her... *melt*

3. Out of Africa
When he holds her hand.

4. Pride and Prejudice
Read between the lines Darcy!  Read between the lines!

5. Sabrina
Suppose you sing that song again...slowly...

6. Casablanca
Humphrey.  Seriously.  You're so awesome.  This movie is so awesome.  
It is one giant, beautiful, quotation.


 7. 10 Things I Hate About You
For Jaime, on Valentine's Day....
Heath.  Oh Heath.  May he rest in peace. 

8. Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
 So sweet.  So new.  So Amélie.
(And, what a fabulous soundtrack!)

9. Breakfast at Tiffany's
We're just a couple of nameless slobs.
And, I'm going to admit this: I love Moon River.  I just do.

10. Funny Girl
This moment is romantic because of its context.  
The love of her life has just left her, and now she has to go onstage and sing this song.I love this movie.  I love this moment, and how wonderfully raw it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment