Friday, December 2, 2011

L-House Update: 32

An L-House Update...

1. Aren't these gorgeous??

2. These balloons are AMAZING!

3. I read a short story today that included an extremely obscure movie reference.  I got the reference, and immediately called my mother.  Bam.  (For those with a curious mind, it was a quote from The Quiet Man, "When I drink whiskey I drink whiskey, and when I drink water I drink water.")

4. A bit of spring for you on this December day-- in the form of a vintage Laura Ashley wedding gown.  Sigh.  Reminds of Anne of Green Gables.  And Princess Diana's wedding.  And the turn of the century. And tea parties.  Etc.


5. A beautiful homage to the most important meal of the day...

6. My Parents Were Awesome.  Hilarious. I love old pictures.  My only complaint is, where's the blog for pictures of parents who are still awesome?

7. I finished reading my book of short stories last night-- I Knew You'd Be Lovely.  Lovely is, funny enough, the perfect word to describe it.  I tried to stretch out reading it as long as I possible could.  Perfect for Winter.

8.  The other day, I was talking to my friend Maddie, and she asked me "If you were a Christmas Carol, which would you be?"  I said O Holy Night.  It's my favorite.  I just wish it weren't sung so often, so that it wouldn't be as trite as it is.  But, then again, I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on hearing it...

What carol would you be?

9.  This picture just makes my heart ache for some reason.  But, can you guess who it is?


10. There is this poem by Donald Justice, and it's called, "A Poem to be Read at 3 AM".  I've only ever let myself read it at 3:00 in the morning, so I've only actually read it twice.  But, in the still quiet late at night-- it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment